sobota 22. októbra 2011

Celine Dion & Clive Griffin "When I Fall In Love"(The Colour of My Love 1993)

"When I Fall in Love" is a popular song, written by Victor Young (music) and Edward Heyman (lyrics). It was introduced in the film "One Minute to Zero". Jeri Southern sang on the first recording released in April 1952 with the song's composer, Victor Young, handling the arranging and conducting duties. The song has become a standard, with many artists recording it, though the first hit version was sung by Doris Day released in July 1952.

The version by Celine Dion and Clive Griffin was featured in the romantic comedy "Sleepless in Seattle" and released as a single in July 1993 becoming one of the most acclaimed. The song was recorded expressly for the soundtrack and was originally intended as a duet between Dion and Clive Griffin . It was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal in 1994, and won a Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalists. 

The award went to David Foster and Jeremy Lubbock. The song appears on both, the Sleepless in Seattle soundtrack (number 1 on the Billboard 200 and 4x platinum RIAA certification for selling over 4 million copies in the U.S.), and later on Dion's album "The Colour of My Love", released in November 1993.

The music video was directed by Dominic Orlando in Hollywood, Los Angeles.

"When I Fall in Love" reached top 40 in a few countries, including number 22 in New Zealand, number 23 in the United States, and number 37 in the Netherlands. It was popular on the U.S. Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks, peaking at number 6.

When I Fall In Love
When I fall in love 
It will be forever 
Or I'll never fall in love 

In a restless world 
Like this is 
Love is ended before it's begun 
And too many 
Moonlight kisses 
Seem to cool in the warmth of the sun 

When I give my heart 
I give it completely 
Or I'll never give my heart 

And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too 
Is when I fall in love with you 

-- 
(Edward Heyman / Victor Young)

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára