utorok 17. júna 2014

Finally Friday: Celine Dion--My Lady Crush

Once upon a time, all my dreams came true when my sister Julie and I got to go backstage and meet Celine Dion at her original Las Vegas show at Caesar's Palace Colosseum--and oh mon bon Dieu, it was one of the most incroyable moments of my life! It went something like this:

Julie and I went out shopping for some fancy dresses, we practiced singing as loud as we could to her songs (when you turn the volume up really high you almost sound like her--don't tell me you've never done this), and generally went nuts with excitement to get to meet our idol. Julie isn't as obnoxious as me, so when the time came she just smiled and said hello like a normal person would, but not me. Oh no, not me. I had just got back from living in France for eighteen months, and I wanted to impress her with my francophonic charm. So I blurted out how much I love her...and how I know every one of her songs...and how we should be best friends (yanno because if you say it in French it doesn't sound as weird/creepy/desperate/etc.)

And you know how she reacted? Totally gracious! She was so pleased that I was making the effort with her that she touched me (completely disregarding by crazy-person-vibes) and said something back to me in French (I don't remember what it was because I was honestly so fangirling all over the place that my ears didn't work anymore at transmitting information to my brain). And then we took a picture wherein I managed to smile like a glossy-eyed-wierdo who ate too much at the buffet before the show:Anyway, for years and years...and more excruciatingly long years, I've wanted to go back to one of her shows. Understanding that the backstage thing was a once in a lifetime opportunity, I've just wanted to go and see her new show. We've tried to buy tickets a few times but for one reason or another, it never worked out. Not only do the cheapest tickets cost several hundred dollars, but the last time Mr. Humphries bought them (four months out for my birthday), she cancelled the day before because her voice wasn't optimally primed, or whatever. I don't blame her, after all I love her. 

But guess what my Christmas present was this year?!!! Yep, you guessed it: Tickets for this Saturday night! Ahhh, I'm so excited. All my dreams are going to come true...again!

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára