sobota 18. októbra 2014

Celine Dion "Falling Into You" (Falling Into You 1996 )

"Falling into You" is a 1994 single by Argentine singer Marie-Claire D'Ubaldo, which was her biggest hit. A Spanish version, called "Y Caigo un Poco Más," was also recorded. The song subsequently became the title track from Celine Dion's hit album with the same title .

The song reached number 1 in Spain and in Greece, and became a top 10 hit in Norway (number 8) and in the UK (number 10). The single has sold 170,000 copies in the UK and 165,000 in France, where it remains undercertified (should be silver).

This song became part of 1999 All The Way... A Decade of Song (Australian edition), 2000 The Collector's Series Volume One and 2008 My Love: Ultimate Essential Collection (European edition) complication albums.

American singer Belinda Carlisle recorded a version of "Falling into You" for possible inclusion on her 1996 album A Woman and a Man, but reluctantly gave up on the song after a disagreement with Miles Copeland.

Lush ballads and love songs that have become her signature, a Motown classic and tons of strong material - Celine wouldn't have it any other way. 

Celine Dion revealed the recording process of this song in her authorized biography 
Celine Dion : For Keeps:
"I was not satisfied with the first recording we made with "Falling into You." This is a song with many nuances, with half-tones. I found the arrangements were too violent, my voice didn't flow enough. Everybody, however, the technicians, the authors, even David and René, seemed satisfied. I said nothing. But René felt that I wasn't happy... He asked me what was wrong. I explained it to him. He seemed surprised. Then I hummed him "Falling into You" describing after every time the arrangements which I was imagining. He quickly agreed with me. He seemed amazed, as if he just discovered something... I called the director and the engineer to explain how I was feeling my song, what kind of changes. They all agreed and were happy, they said it to me... This song marked a step of my emancipation as an artist... I was becoming a mature, grown-up, autonomous artist... So we came back in studio and we recorded "Falling into You" again. It never became a big song for the stage; it is too sweet, too subtle to move a crowd. But it is, in my opinion, one of the thrillest songs on the album Falling into You. And I love the lyrics."

Falling Into You 

And in your eyes I see ribbons of color 
I see us inside of each other 
I feel my unconscious merge with yours 
And I hear a voice say, "What's his is hers" 

chorus: 
I'm falling into you 
This dream could come true 
And it feels so good falling into you 

I was afraid to let you in here 
Now I have learned love can't be made in fear 
Must begin to tumble down 
And I can't even see the ground 

chorus: 
I'm falling into you 
This dream could come true 
And it feels so good falling into you 

Falling like a leaf, falling like a star 
Finding a belief, falling where you are 

bridge: 
Catch me, don't let me drop! 
Love me, don't ever stop! 

So close your eyes and let me kiss you 
And while you sleep I will miss you 

chorus: 
I'm falling into you 
This dream could come true 
And it feels so good falling into you 

Falling like a leaf, falling like a star 
Finding a belief, falling where you are 

Falling into you 
Falling into you 
Falling into you 

-- 
(Billy Steinberg / Rick Nowels / Marie Claire D'Ubaldo)





)

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára