štvrtok 27. augusta 2015

Celine and Rene: The Farewell Ceremony

"She takes notes during her discussions with René during which he gives her the details of his
 funeral. "

When I read the interview Celine gave to USA Today, I could not help crying when I read this sentence.I did not see the superstar, glamor, millions, Vegas and its glitter. I just saw a woman who is preparing to say goodbye to the only love she has ever known. We will all die one day. One can get used to the idea. But how does one prepare for death of those we love? How does one speak frankly about the "great start" with the one that cherishes more than anything?

A Heartbreaking Interview

Celine was careful to specify the cameras from USA Today that she is living with the disease and old age René, thousands more people live on (and even worse) in the shadows, in the anonymity. "People from all live the same. You hear my story and my husband only because we are on TV, "she told the journalist Marco della Cava.

When Celine had told Good Morning America she fed René with his hit, some found it lacked modesty, she should keep a little discomfort, spare us the details. Today, she speaks openly about the last days of René, others accuse him to flaunt his privacy.

I find instead that Celine Dion dare approach the ultimate taboo: illness and death.

It is not beautiful the disease, is not elegant or sexy or glamorous. There are no sequins, "bling bling" or beautiful lighting to brighten the scene when your husband told you how he wants his own funeral taking place.

It's black, it's sad, it's heartbreaking, it is unfair and your mascara running down your cheeks.

By the way, I must admit that I was astonished to read some comments at the bottom of newspaper texts on this interview shock. There really are people who think that having millions in the bank makes death less scary, less terrifying?

GRIEF ANNOUNCED

In her show in Las Vegas, Celine sings "Ne me quitte pas", by Jacques Brel. An idea of René. Every evening when she sang, a camera was pointed at her and could be seen close-up the tears flow down her cheeks.

I don't know if Celine will sing again "Ne me quitte pas" on stage in Las Vegas, the new version of her show. But if that is the case, we can all guess who she think singing:

« Moi je t'offrirai
Des perles de pluie
Venues de pays
Où il ne pleut pas
Je creuserai la terre
Jusqu'après ma mort
Pour couvrir ton corps
D'or et de lumière
Je ferai un domaine
Où l'amour sera roi
Où l'amour sera loi
Ne me quitte pas... Ne me quitte pas... Ne me quitte pas.»





Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára