štvrtok 23. februára 2017

Celine Dion Dishes On New ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Song And Juno Nomination

Celine Dion is back in the spotlight in a big way with a new fashion line, becoming an advisor on “The Voice” and debuting a new single for Disney’s live-action “Beauty And The Beast”.
A quarter of a century after her duet in the original animated film, the Quebec-born songstress reveals she initially had reservations about signing on for the new film, due in theatres in mid-March 2017.

“It’s been, I don’t want to say 20, is it 18 years ago? 28 years ago? Oh my God, I don’t want to say that! Take two!!,” Celine jokes at a press conference in Las Vegas at the launch of her new collection of handbags, luggage and accessories.

While her original “Beauty And The Beast” duet with Peabo Bryson was a huge success, she almost turned down the new BATB single, saying “I see the movie, and it’s great, but there’s something inside of me that’s shaking a little bit. To be honest with you, I said to them that it’s so hard for me to commit right now because I felt like I was cheating with the first ‘Beauty And The Beast’.”
Dion says she returned to the 1991 classic tune – which earned her a Grammy – and asked her late husband Rene Angelil for advice. “I went back home and listened to it, I wasn’t sure,” she explains. “I kind of talked to Rene,” she says, gesturing to the sky, “And he said ‘You should.'”

Last month, Disney revealed Dion would perform an entirely new song for the live-action “Beauty And The Beast” movie starring Emma Watson, Dan Stevens and Luke Evans.

She’ll will sing an original song called “How Does A Moment Last Forever”, which is said to be an emotional ballad about holding onto life’s precious moments and one of the film’s three new original songs. In addition to her new fashion collection and role joining Gwen Stefani’s team as an advisor on this season of “The Voice”, Dion has also been approached with another role – hockey coach. In true Canadian fashion, Dion reveals her son asked her to coach his hockey team. “My son plays hockey and he wants me to be the coach,” she says, before joking, “I’d rather be on the couch.”

Amid her busy new schedule, Celine will make it back to Canada for this year’s Juno Awards, in Ottawa on April 2,2017 where she’s nominated for Album Of The Year for her French-language album, “Encore En Soir”.

“Well first of all, I’m extremely touched because obviously I don’t do this business to win awards, but this one means a lot to me because it’s the first one I recorded without my husband, so thank you so much for the nomination,” she says about the nomination, tearing up. “It’s well appreciated. Thank you.”

In addition to reaching her fans through her music, Dion is also expanding into fashion, singing through the press conference to launch the handbag line. “I was very proud to come today with my own purse!” say belted out, adding, “I was given the opportunity to expand my relationship with my fans, not just through songs but through fashion.”

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára