sobota 4. februára 2017

Generation Celine Among Young Quebec Artist

CELINE DION INSPIRANTE DIVA
From Xavier Dolan to Safia Nolin to Les Sœurs Boulay and Kevin Bazinet, young Quebec stars no longer hesitate to publicly display their allegiance to Charlemagne's diva. To the devil the fear of passing for a quetine because "My Heart Will Go On"We get tears.
Since their native Gaspé, Les Boulay sisters fell in love with Celine when her album "Let's Talk About Love", which contained the famous ballad "My Heart Will Go On" forever associated with the film Titanic, confirmed her status as superstar.
"I saw the movie eight times in the movies and I shouted the eight times. This is one of the first tunes I sang on stage, "says Melanie Boulay, who remains a fervent admirer of Céline."When you know that she started from nothing, from Charlemagne, it allows the young singers to dream, beyond the style of music", connects her sister Stéphanie. 
-----------------------------------------------------------
When she was working at the Bell Center, Sally Folk had the chance to see a dozen times in concert the one that "paved the way for many artists who aspire to an international career.""She has always been in disarming shape. Being able to sing several consecutive evenings without her voice being tired, it had impressed me, "she praises.
......................................................................
Safia Nolin, in her early twenties, clamored on all the roofs. Céline is her idol. "I'm in the same building as Celine Dion. I am in distress. Me and Josette are going to explode, "she wrote under a photo she shared on social networks at one of Céline's concerts at the Bell Center last summer.
In a concert in Quebec City recently, she had laughed her fans by humorously telling her meeting with Céline behind the scenes of ADISQ. On stage and on record, it takes an old successful singer, "D’amour et d’amitié."
-------------------------------------------------
It was thanks to their mom, when they were very small, that Alexe Gaudreault and Rosie Valland, became fans of the singer."Even though I was listening to a lot of different stuff in my youth, I never stopped loving Celine. I always hit a good "All By Myself"by hitting the chest, "says Alexe Gaudreault. "I remember we listened Céline in the car when we went to see our family in Quebec. When I was young, it was she who gave me the taste to become a singer, "says Rosie Valland.
Alexe Gaudreault will perform an electro version of " Je sais pas" in her new show series
--------------------------------------------------------------
 The passage of Kevin Bazinet in the clan of the admirers of Céline Dion is very recent. It was at La Voix 2015, when his coach Marc Dupré asked him for a cover of "L'amour existe encore", that Bobby Bazini's brother officially became a fan.
"If I did not catch it before, it's probably that I was a younger, I did not have a musical style similar from her. I was not attracted to her music. I had to go through The Voice to open myself to what she is doing. When I saw her in show, it made me fall. I figured that one day I wanted to be like her, at the talent level. She has a powerful voice, but she knows how to use it and is capable of being very fragile. "Kevin Bazinet was also able to appreciate the personality of Céline Dion since he had the chance to meet her. "She's so down-to-earth while releasing something special. She's like an aura around her. It's the same person when you see her singing, when you see her on TV or when you meet her in person. In the middle, we respect her a lot for that. We see so many artists fall into drugs and become "too much," but Celine has always had beautiful values, "he says.
Although he appreciated Celine late, Kevin Bazinet admits that a song from his repertoire has always given him chills. Which one? "My Heart Will Go On", of course.
"This is the first song I learned at the piano. For me, it's a classic that will not die. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the heart of the Célinemania version "millenials", there is a film. Mommy, the cinematic punch of Xavier Dolan in which the young Quebec filmmaker danced his main characters to the sound of "On ne change pas"

In making a choice place to Celine in its soundtrack, Dolan helped to break a taboo. Yes, we can be young, trendy and love Celine.
"When I started listening, I was too young to worry about being cool or not in my musical tastes. Later, I switched to another call and it was around 23-24 years old that I began to assume that I loved Céline Dion even if I had never stopped loving her. I think Dolan has it "hipsterized" in Mommy. He allowed all young cool hipsters to reassume the act of love, "Melanie Boulay analysis, which together with her sister Stephanie  Les sœurs Boulay.

"Dolan has endorsed Celine for the hipsters. A bit like when Fabienne Larouche and Luc Dionne appealed to Claude Blanchard in Omertà. From there, he was never quetine, "notes the columnist and manager of artists Mike Gauthier.

Céline's participation in the concert in tribute to the victims of the Metropolis bombing, together with Arcade Fire, Patrick Watson and others Louis-Jean Cormier, in October 2012, is another milestone in the rehabilitation of The star among young hipsters.

"At one point I stopped listening because I was assuming less. Then, recently, I rehearsed the albums " S’il suffisait d’aimer"and "D'eux" and I rediscovered it. I realized how she used her voice as if it were an instrument. By putting me back in her old albums, I found some beautiful songs. It was a second favorite, "says emerging singer Rosie Valland.

Observing the musical scene for 30 years, Mike Gauthier believes that Celine's "dequineization" with young people is explained by a sort of clash of generations.
"Young artists tell me that they have always seen her as an international star who has succeeded and worked hard. While many of the generation of artists of the 80 and 90 saw it as an upstart who sang the easy pop. "

For Xavier Dolan, who always gives a large place to popular music in his films, it was self-evident to include a song of his idol in Mommy.
"I grew up with Céline Dion", justified Dolan, in an interview given to the French magazine Les Inrocks in 2014. His love for the singer is sincere and he never tried to make fun of her, He said. "It was the pitfall to avoid with Mommy: laugh at Celine Dion, so laugh at my characters who listen to him sincerely. I know the characters of Mommy, they were my neighbors, I grew up by their side. I love their ideas and I understand their affection for Celine Dion. "

And to those who still have doubts, we must see the video that shows him "hoodwinking his life" with his friend Jessica Chastain, during a Celine show at the Bell Center, to realize that Dolan is a pure fan And heavy.

LeJournaldeQuebec

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára